Mylivn - Your Lifestyle Social Network
Who we are
Mylivn is a social network for modern creative minds with multiple passions. Our mission is to inspire genuine creativity and authentic connections. We have a team of enthusiastic and creative doers from all over the world, and we’re always looking for new talents.
Join us on our mission to transform social media!
Our backend system represents a microservice architecture with strict domain boundaries between services. We use REST API for external and direct internal communications. Also, we use messaging to pass events between services. All our services are deployed as Docker containers.
Technologies we use in backend:
- Languages: Scala (primary), Go (specific usecases), Python (scripting).
- Databases: PostgreSQL, Redis.
- Messaging and Stream Processing: Apache Kafka.
- Search: Elasticsearch.
- Delivery and Orchestration: Docker, Nomad, Consul.
- Other services: AWS S3, AWS Rekognition.
- CI & CD: GitLab + Bash & Python
- 5+ years of Java/Scala development experience.
- 2+ years of pure Scala development experience.
- You have a good knowledge of the JVM.
- You have experience with RDBMS (PostgreSQL preferred), NoSQL, KV stores.
- You understand how to build distributed and resilient microservices using a modern stack of technologies.
- You have a track record of successfully developed and delivered applications.
- Ability to use the right tool at the right time. You can switch to other programming languages, quickly learn new technologies.
- You have a decent level of English, can read technical documentation and communicate easily with your colleagues.
- Build new features and improve existing ones for our modern and scalable backend system.
- Become an owner of a set of microservices, be responsible for a given business and technical domain, suggest ways to improve performance and quality of your services, participate in cross-service integrations processes.
- Collaborate with a team around you and help in its development processes early on.
- Join in with cross-functional teams to define, design and ship new features.
- A chance to enrich our team with your knowledge and your innovative ideas.
- You continuously discover, evaluate and implement new technologies to maximize quality and efficiency.
Nice to have
- Hands-on experience with Apache Kafka. You understand its architecture and guarantees.
- Knowledge of Scala FP libraries like ZIO, Cats, Doobie. Understanding about effects management and referential transparency.
- You like to learn about new technologies and trends.
- You know your tools and you’re not afraid to use them (debugging, profiling, Java tools).
- You always do your best to deliver your code on time and achieve the best quality and you are never satisfied until your task is done.
- You prefer reading and understanding documentation rather than the first upvoted answer on Stack Overflow.
What we offer
- A modern, open-plan office in the heart of a thriving business district in Munich
- Small, well-structured teams with international colleagues
- Non-hierarchical structure and a fast decision-making process
- The opportunity to take part in developing a new social network
- Barbeque parties on our rooftop terrace
- A chill zone with a PlayStation, books and free drinks